Saturday, September 20, 2008

Salem Pet Fair


Cougar and I went to the Salem Pet Fair today. I volunteer for a rescue and adoption agency and they were basically in charge of it, so I was helping. Cougar had a blast. He played on the playground for most of the day. Except when they were having worm races. Basically, each kid picks a worm and puts in in a circle that's about 3 inches in diameter. The first worm to make it out of the circle wins the race. Well, when the race was over the people in charge told a few of the little boys to keep the worms so Cougar ended up with a cup full of about 20 nightcrawlers. I've decided that's the best way to keep a little boy entertained he played with them for hours and is still playing with them. He also got this cool caterpillar painted on his face. He thinks he's the luckiest kid in the world.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!! Kate and Cougar would get along so well. they seem to both love animals.

Carrie said...

As far as I'm concerned, it takes a special kind of mom to let her child play with worms...you're my hero!