Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow Day


We woke up to a few inches of fresh snow on the ground. What a beautiful sight, I just love untouched snow. Well, it couldn't stay untouched for long, Cougar was anxious to play in it. I dug out his snow things and found my snow boots. Phoenix was well fed, changed and just settling down to a nice nap in his favorite place, the swing. I decided to go out with Cougar and give him some well deserved one-on-one time with Mommy. We had a blast! The first thing he did was lay down and make some snow angels.


We had a snowball fight. He had a little trouble so I had to make the ammo and hand it to him so he could throw it at me. We tried to make a snowman, but I just couldn't get it to work. I rolled it and rolled it, but it wouldn't get an bigger. We checked out the classic Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer from the library and Cougar's watched it a million times. He's taken it all to heart. He yelled at me "Hey Mom! Let's play some reindeer games!" "Okay, how do you play" We then reenacted the movie with him as Rudolph and me with all the other characters as needed.
He really liked this giant snowball and wanted to save it in his room. I'm a fun hater and wouldn't let him. I'm in the running for the meanest mommy award. Just ask him, he'll tell you.
When we were all done outside we got some cups and filled them with snow. I happened to have sno cone flavors just waiting for us in the cupboards. Cougar had two snow cones and loved them. It was so fun to have some time for him. He's such a sweet big brother and he's been working so hard at getting potty trained. (He's only had 2 accidents in the past 4 days, wahoo!!) My favorite part I think was when he was using "snow" and "winter" interchangeably "Mommy, look! The kitty's playing in the winter, too!"

2 comments:

Carrie said...

If you're in the running for meanest mommy ever, you're also in the running for funnest mommy ever! Good for you for going outside and playing with him! I need to follow suit and get Hannah off the couch and outside...she'd love it!

Mary said...

Hi! I am just making sure that everyone who has an automatically updating blog list knows that when blogs are private (like ours now is), that it won't show when we've posted new things. I update usually at least once a week, so I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that I haven't stopped blogging! Of course you are free to visit as often or not-so-often as you like. :) Merry Christmas!