Friday, June 5, 2009

100th Post!!

I've been thinking a lot lately about what my children are teaching me and thought that with my 100th post (go me) I would record some of those things.


Through Cougar I have learned the importance of perspective. In his eyes, plain old seagulls become "Eagles!" Various flowery weeds become beautiful bouquets that must be shared. I see another plane in the sky making those cloudy tracks. He sees a shooting star and a reason to make a wish. I see potato bugs or worms or some other common crawly thing and he sees great scientific discoveries. I see me as being average, plain, not much and he sees a beautiful woman who can fix any problem, do anything, who knows the answer to every question. He sees things a totally different way. His way is better. I need to look through his eyes more often.


Phoenix is teaching me to never settle. As soon as you accomplish a goal move on to the next thing. Keep growing and progressing. There's always room for improvement. He shows me that simply being with the people that love you is enough.

2 comments:

Tandi Davis said...

Great post, Kristi. We all need to take the time to see things as our kids do; to us those things may be boring and insignificant, but to look at things thru our children's eyes with such wonder and excitement....everything is beautiful!

Nancy said...

Beautiful beautiful. Reminds me of a quote I heard from author Shannon Hale . . . something like, "children don't need stories about golden apples because to them it's a wonder that apples are GREEN. It's adults who need the golden apples to remember the excitement of that childhood discovery." You go Kristi.