Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fiesta Days!

We went to the fiesta days carnival for family night. We told Cougar on the way there and stressed it continually. "You are going to get 10 tickets and when those are all gone, no more rides we're going home" It turns out that 10 was way more than enough. Cougar would have ridden more, but the lines were so long we were there until they closed anyway. We did develop a strategy I would take Cougar on the ride and wait for him to get off while Mark would save a place in the next line. It was a good thing we did this, too because we still had to wait nearly 45 minutes to get on the Ferris Wheel.


Cougar and Mark on the Merry-Go-Round for the second time. This was actually the last ride we did and Cougar had the ride completely to himself.


Once again a merry-go-round, but this time with motorcycles! He had this ride to himself, too. My little brother used to misprounce motorcycles by saying motorsnycles. Mark still calls them motorsnycles and asked Cougar "What do you want to ride? A motorsnycle?" Cougar promptly responded "No, Dad. A motorCYCLE!" He didn't say it, but you could see him thinking "duh Dad"

I took Cougie on the Dragon "roller coaster" and while standing in line he watched all the kids put their hands up in the air and scream so he knew exactly what to do when he got on. I was surprised I knew he would have fun, but I thought he would maintain a white knuckle grip on the bar. Nope, he's fearless. He threw his hands up in the air and was happy screaming right along with the rest of the kids. This is a picture of our re-enanctment. I guess I've found my roller coaster riding partner.

Here he is riding the up and down spinning thing. He was very concerned everytime that little girl let go of the handle in front of her. I saw him say "hold on" and grab her hand and put it back on the handle a couple of times. Bossy, safety kid.


Riding in a lady bug. Nice smile. This is him saying cheese. I've started asking for a nice smile instead, but most of the time he says "I can't smile, my stomach's sore".

This was taken while waiting in line for the first ride he went on. I asked him to show me his excited face and this is what I got. Stinker.


This is the first ride he went on. He loved it. He "drove" that jeep all around the tiny track. It's so funny how such a little ride can be such a thrill.

Cougar and Mark also rode the Ferris Wheel. I was going to go, but they kicked me off as soon as they saw I was pregnant, oh well. It's probably for the best, I enjoy roller coasters and such, but when the Ferris Wheel stops and you're just sitting there at the very, very top I get really nervous and I probably would have crushed Cougar's arm holding on so he wouldn't fall.

We had a great time and Cougar asked to go back "next week" We said "How 'bout next year?" and he promptly agreed. He has no clue the difference between a day, week or year, but I guess knowing he can go back at all is good enough for him.

No comments: