Friday, July 11, 2008

A New Way To Prepare Chicken

Okay, this post is mostly for my dad because I know he'll get a kick out of it. The rest of you may find it slightly humorous.

I made chicken bacon ranch sandwiches for us for dinner tonight. The chicken breast I had thawed was too thick and I need a way to thin it. I realized I don't have a kitchen mallet. So I decided to figure something else out. Here was my thought process. "I could just use a hammer. No, Mark's hammers have been in scary, nasty places and shouldn't be allowed in the house let alone in the kitchen, near food. But, what else do I have...I could beat them with a pan....I know I've got my own hammer!! My fist!" Yes, dear father, I used a hammer strike to thin my chicken and it worked wonderfully! It was the most fun I think I've ever had in the kitchen. The sandwiches weren't too bad either.

2 comments:

Heidi Hillman said...

Good work! Way to be resourceful. I laughed out loud picturing you kiai-ing in your kitchen.


Heidi

Kim said...

That's my little girl, sniff